Monday, July 28, 2014

Mind, Body, and Soul...Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

Can't Seem to Get Them All Clicking at Once


Funny what sticks in your head from college.  It's more amazing anything actually sticks. Some guys from Belleville, IL dragged be to my first Grateful Dead show, the President of Delta Zeta made me appreciate the poetry of the Indigo Girls, and a guy I pledged with said something I've never been able to forget.

He was one of those readers that no-one really understood; and was also one of the younger guys; think he pledged Sigma Pi at 17-years-old.  Anyway, he cornered me at some after-bar party and insisted on telling be about this great book teaching about achieving balance between the mind, the body, and the soul.

Ironic how some of those collegiate formed habits prevent achieving balance but that's a whole book.   

Ever since then I've always reflected on how I'm doing relative to this paradigm.  Best I've ever achieved is two out of three.  I've never been able to get the full circle going.  There have been times at my fattest, where my mind and soul are thriving; and times when I've been in shape but carrying a heavy heart.  

I don't know if anyone can get this all working together at once, but if you do, enjoy it while it lasts.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment