Sunday, July 27, 2014

If You Find it Hard to Believe...Maybe Consider Just Being a Fan...

Three Cheers for Jesus!

At Least Root for the Guy...He's Rooting for You



I don't care what religion you belong to or don't.  Really.  I can understand how secularists have been pushed away by exclusionary hypocrites who think they have been given the keys to the Pearly Gates.

Yes I am a Christian, not because I'm better than anyone, but because I meet the full prerequisites: a flawed, flailing, stumbling sinner that can't seem to get his shit together on his own.  

When I was a kid, my Mom gave me a Bible where everything Jesus said was highlighted in red.  So that's all I read; the Red Words.  And boy are they different, and a lot more inclusive from anything else you hear or read.  

This guy was about hanging out with the impure and the downtrodden.  The Pharisees had put up all these rules where only the "pure" could enter the Temple.  To their dismay, Jesus handed out General Admission Tickets and invited everyone in.  So of course, those in power wanted him dead as he was infringing on their self-appointed rock star status.

Speaking of rock stars, where would Bob Seger have gotten his Silver Bullet look without Jesus?  He's lucky it wasn't trademarked.



Like all revolutions, the post resurrection followers and evangelists started adding their own rules creating layer after layer of rules he worked so hard to tear down.  

Christians today are stuck with a "holier than thou" reputation which is really the antithesis of the whole idea; it's their own fault.  I think Pope Francis currently has the humility thing heading in the right direction.

I post this not to influence or convince.  That's impossible.  But, even for the non-believer if you had to pick a scenario, or a philosopher to admire; our man Jesus is one of the best. 
 
Read the Red Words the throw out the rest.





  


No comments:

Post a Comment